Saturday, January 31, 2015

Friday's Tire

Last week I took my car for its first oil change and at the same time I told them that my right front tire was losing air. They found a nail in the tire and after removing it the tire was fixed. That should have been the end of my air losing saga.

Two days ago the little red light went on indicating that the pressure in one of my tires is low. I got a little annoyed at this constant red light warning.

Yesterday I went to my neighborhood gas station where they have an air pump that is free (the only free one in the area) but because of the recent snowfall the pump was totally buried. So, I took a chance and used the car as it was.

This morning I got up at the "crack of dawn" and went to my Hyundai dealer's service. Even though I had no appointment they took me and checked out my problem.

Well, wouldn't you know? Another nail! It appears that I somewhere I went through a nail field. But this time they said the nail was close to the side wall and it could not be fixed.

The result is that now I am $204 poorer.

I am getting fed up with these high tech monitoring devices. Life was a lot simpler in the old days. When the pressure went out of a tire and one drove on the rim then it looked like there might be some problem. And most of the time there was. But now every time a red warning light goes on I get scared or annoyed thinking: now what?

Oh yeah, and what it will cost me!

No comments:

Post a Comment