Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Gossip

One of the meanest thing in the world is gossip. Gossip is spread either by people who are vicious and want to cause harm to others or by people who are just plain stupid and don't bother with the facts but just interpret things the way their chicken brain absorbs it.

I am a responsible adult who just recently went through a life shattering shock. Almost eleven months ago I lost my wife of 35 years and suddenly found myself alone in this world without my partner. Nobody is prepared for something like that. People to whom something like that happens feel abandoned and lost in the sea of life.

I am a single man with no family but thankfully many friends. Currently I am trying to put my life in a semblance of normality so I may live trouble free from here on. I have absolutely no responsibility and I do not owe answers to anybody for my acts and decisions. I have no children and no blood relatives who might question my doings. It is my life and I live it anyway I like it!

Well, that is MY life policy.

As I mentioned in earlier writings, recently I did get involved with a very nice person whom I like a lot and who is making me very happy! We do get along nice, we are both easygoing and our times together are very pleasant.

In this process I might have inadvertently hurt some other people for which I really feel very bad but not bad enough to end my current relationship.

What really bothers me is the stupid gossip that is being spread about me by a person who seem to be too simple minded to bother with the facts and whose only concern is that she may appear to be the only one who has all the information.

I got aware of my life's story as was told and I was stunned by the viciousness and inaccuracies of the descriptions. But then a gossipmonger never bothers with the facts. That person just want to appear as the best informed all around. And it seems I am now the target of these gossips.

But the flip side of it is that I really don't care a bit. I do not socialize with those people, I do not mingle with those people and if this makes their dreary life more colorful, well then let them enjoy it.

I certainly enjoy mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment