Friday, January 16, 2015

Wednesday

Wednesday night I had dinner at my lady friend's house. I have to write about this because this was such a wonderful fare that I just have to talk about it.

She is a wonderful cook and I already had several dinners there but this one stood out because it was so good, tasty and very Hungarian. At least as far as my taste buds go.

This was a one course meal but the way it was put together it was just fantastic.

This was the menu.

There were thin fried chicken cutlets, there was cooked kielbasa (Hungarian sausage), there was Hungarian blood sausage (hurka in Hung.), and to top it off the side was home made potato chips which she fried in oil right there (rosejbni in Hung.).

We topped it off with some good wine and the meal was just greeeaaat!

My only problem was that I had to eat everything because it was such a good meal but at the end I was literarily pushing the food down. Leaving it on my plate was not an option that even occurred to me.

For dessert that we ate much later she made strawberry pudding topped with whipped.

The whole dinner was made with tender loving care.

Now what else can a man ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment