Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snowy Monday

It looks like the for today predicted snow storm is slowly becoming a reality. At the time I am writing this, around 3 pm the snow is coming down pretty hard and what's more it is staying. Driving is already hard and the streets are all covered with the white stuff.

I happen to know this because I just returned from Manhattan about an hour ago. I had a lunch get together with two of my former colleagues whom I know for over forty years. It was very nice to see these old friends and go down on memory lane.

Two of us are totally retired the third is still fully employed. Being the only real money maker we made him pick up the check. Our lunch was in Midtown in the same area where we spent most of our professional lives and we ate in a very nice Chinese restaurant.

When I left home there was already a lot of snow on the ground and walking was kind of slippery but the city was almost all clear, no traces of the white stuff. But when we left that's when it really started to come down and when I exited the subway station here at home I could barely see past my nose. Beside the wind was blowing it smack into my face so I was pretty happy when I got inside my apartment.

Since my G.F. lives in a fair distance away from here I offered for her and her daughter to stay with me in my apartment until the storm blows away and driving will become less hazardous.

No comments:

Post a Comment