Monday, January 26, 2015

Sunday Cooking

Today was Sunday and it was just a very nice day. My G.F. and I stayed home all day and spent the time very pleasantly. There was really no reason to go out there was no place we really wanted to go so we just decided to stay in.

Actually a lot of time was spent in the kitchen cooking. She is a fantastic cook who is convinced that I don't eat well and she is now on a mission to correct it. Today she made the world's best goulash soup.

It was done with love and everything that is supposed to be in it was in it. That soup was just the way I remembered way back when I lived home with my parents.

Me, being the attentive host and boyfriend helped her in the kitchen with whatever was needed to be done and at the same time used my culinary knowledge to make the work easier.

She took a bunch of celery, carrots and parsnip. Washed them, cut them up and put them in a glass bowl. Took the remainder of the stuff, placed them in a plastic bag and put them away. Now, I am watching all this like a hawk so I can learn the secrets of the kitchen.

She gives me the bowl that sounded (to me) like wash out the bowl. So, I very expertly drained the water out of the bowl, threw out the vegetables and washed out the bowl.

Suddenly she turns to me and says now we can put the vegetables in the soup, where are they. Me, with total honesty replied that they were in the garbage bag where I was supposed to throw them.

Apparently this was a total misunderstanding and since in this house even the garbage bag is spic and span clean we fished the vegetables out and after washing them down again placed them in the soup.

Regardless of my faux pas the soup turned out great and made a superb stand alone meal.

This little affair proves that as talented as I am I have zero talent for cooking. And I will just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment