Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thursday

I am writing this early Thursday morning for Wednesday. I just got home from my active social engagement and realized that I didn't yet have a chance to write Wednesday's thoughts.

Actually I was home for the better part of the day, only went over to my G.F.'s house for dinner late afternoon. But I didn't waste the day at all. I did laundry in the morning hours then I spent hours and hours trying to fix my computer.

What happened was that when I bought this new computer it came with a 30 day free trial of Microsoft Office 356. This program has Excel, Word and a bunch of other stuff. And I do need Excel and Word. So I took advantage of the free trial. But the catch is that if one wants to use it it has a monthly fee. However if one wants to buy Microsoft Office one can at a lower price then "renting" it year after year.

So I bought one for around $130 and installed it and started using it after the 30 day trial expired. It worked fine for a while until one day I had to reset my computer for it initial setting. At that time the 30 day trial showed up and I started using it. This past Saturday the free trial expired and I am unable to restore the Microsoft Office that I purchased and used.

I called Microsoft and they told me I have to remember the e-mail address I used when I installed it and they also said they were not capable to take control of my computer and fix it. Bunch of useless bums!

So here I am with no Office program, don't remember the e-mail address I used and not knowing what to do.

Until my G.F. told me that her son might be able to help because he is an IT person. I have a telephone date with him for Thursday morning and I will give permission to him to hack into my computer and just fix that damn thing.

And once it is fixed I will tell Microsoft that they should learn how to treat a costumer.

No comments:

Post a Comment