Sunday, January 25, 2015

Saturday

Well, they finally got it right. When I woke up this morning there was the white stuff all over. It snowed all night an successfully covered up all the dirt in the streets. The snow plows worked and cleared the streets but still there is enough of the beautiful white stuff around.

I am saying beautiful white stuff because I don't have to go outside and shovel. I am just standing at my window and enjoying the fifth floor view. It seems that my building staff don't have to go outside because there is nobody outside doing any clearing. I guess they are waiting for Mother Nature to do her thing since it supposed to turn to slush later.

By the time we'll go out for shopping my poor car will be dirtied up so much that I won't be able to see through the windshield. But still, I do like snow and as far as I am concerned the more the better.

Speaking of snow, I am dying to go skiing but my active social life forbids it. I am so busy that just can not take a day and drive up to the mountains. Like next week I have things to do the first three days of the week.

And, I have the habit of skiing only on Tuesdays or Wednesday. I don't know why but those are my days, I am used to them. Anyway, February is just around the corner and hopefully I'll have more opportunities.

Don't misunderstand, I am not complaining. I am very happy with my life right now and wouldn't change it for anything, but a little skiing would be nice, too.

Come to think of it, February is just around the corner. Boy, time is rushing by. Just recently we celebrated the New Year and now is almost February. What is the hurry?

I used to work for someone who always said by the end of the first week of the month that for our work planning purposes that month was already gone. Now that was rushing things a little. But then I was only 26 years old and it didn't matter to me.

Now at this age I really don't want to rush time. I am enjoying life as is and I am not in any hurry to go ahead fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment