Thursday, January 29, 2015

Wednesday

My girl friend and her daughter stayed over my house last night because I did not want them to drive home in that crazy weather. Besides the daughter wasn't feeling too well and I volunteered to baby sit for her on Tuesday.

She is 12 almost 13 and honestly she was a perfect lady. This was one of the few times I ever baby sat in my adult life and I tell you it was a very pleasant experience. She is polite, well behaved and very intelligent. She is in a middle school honors program.

I'm not saying this because she is my one and only girl friend's daughter, I am saying this because it is the truth. She speaks perfect Hungarian as well as English and now learning Spanish and Hebrew.

This little girl grew up in Florida an never saw real snow until she came up to New York which was only about seven months ago. So yesterday, when we went to the park to see beautiful white snow in close up that was a real experience for her.

Aside form having this charming guest in my house today not much happened. Except maybe that I made the final arrangements for our upcoming European trip. Meaning that I bought all our tickets so now the only thing remaining is going there.

The final plan is that we fly direct from New York to Stockholm, spend two nights there then fly to Budapest. After two ans a half week in Budapest we fly back to New York via Copenhagen (I think).

Later today I went to Sloan Kettering for the monthly bereavement get together. Since there are new or first time attendees at every gathering it is always very interesting and this time was no exception. It is always interesting to hear how other people go through their pains and losses. Not that it helps but it is always interesting to touch base with others.

I have been attending these gatherings since last year and considered a "veteran". And since my life is now making a changeover I told them that in my opinion there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Don't despair but hope for a positive change.

No comments:

Post a Comment