Sunday, January 4, 2015

Saturday

Today is January 3, 2015, midday and it is snowing. There is nothing peculiar about snow since it is winter and snow should be a natural thing.

The interesting thing about this that last year, January 3, 2014 it was also snowing. We woke up in the morning to a considerable white blanket because it started during the night and continued almost all day. Same day, same type of weather.

True to form the radio news programs are having verbal orgasms about the snow. Like if it were in June or July. They don't seem to grasp that it is winter and snow is a winter event.

I happen to love snow and cold. I am impatiently waiting when conditions are just right for me to go skiing. Yes, I still want to ski.

Last winter for reasons known I did not go at all. It was my choice and I do not regret it. But life goes on and this time I want to rekindle my love affair with the white stuff, the mountains and cold weather.

Naturally, since I am two years older since my last incursion into the snowy world I am a more cautious person but just getting dressed up, drive up into the mountains, put my skis on my feet and go up to the top of the hill and look down is exciting and I can hardly wait for it.

Getting down to the bottom of the hill in one piece is another challenge and it is not all excitement it is more on the scary side. But I'll try to manage it with grace and style befitting a senior citizen.

Anyway, right now I will be going to the window and watch the snow coming down.

No comments:

Post a Comment