Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Monday

Last night and this morning there was news item about a 70+ year old man, who was some kind of a hedge fund manager found being shot to death in New York City.

This on its own would not make the news but where it happened did. It happened on Beekman Place which is a very ritzy Manhattan neighborhood by the United Nations.

This person who was murdered was no slouch. He lived in a six or eight room apartment and being a hedge fund manager I'm sure was well off. As it turned out his thirty year old son was the culprit and as I heard he was already arrested.

Reporters interviewed people in the area about this and that was what got me irked. One person was going on and on saying what a good neighborhood that was, that things like this do not happen in their area. I really got pissed at that uppity jerk.

Why, they can only kill in Bedford Stuyvesant? He made it sound like that in the other parts of town people can walk around with guns or knives in their hands and kill anybody they wish but on Beekman Place these things do not happen.

I got news for him. His s..t smells just the same as the ones in Bedford Stuy.

I hate these Manhattanites who think they are better than the rest of us peons who live in the burbs.

Something else.

Today the first time in several weeks I returned to the gym for a good morning workout. It wasn't very easy but I think I managed it and at the end of it it really felt good. The holidays are almost over and I must start my mea culpa to my body. We'll see how far this thing will go!

No comments:

Post a Comment