Saturday, January 24, 2015

Friday

Today I started to put together my 2014 Income Tax back up details or more accurately my allowable deductions. In order to find everything that was spent and record it accurately is a trip down memory lane that I am not very keen on doing.

But IRS is merciless and so is my accountant so I had to do it. Some of this recordkeeping is easy some of it is really tedious. Even though I have been doing it for years it still instills fear in me just in case I omit something or I include stuff I shouldn't.

I am not brave enough to do the returns by myself even though they have good web aids, I rather go to an accountant and let him have the satisfaction, and my money.

In the older days when the forms and my financial status was a lot simpler I prepared all the returns but with the tech age and my "further ahead age" came caution. And that introduced me to the world of the accountants.

Even though somebody else is preparing it it still seems that I have to do a lot of work before it gets to the preparation stage. But hey, if the end results are good then it was energy well spent.

Something else.

It is around midnight Friday now and they are forecasting, again, the first real snow storm to begin shortly. All afternoon and evening that was all they talked about on radio and TV. It was like we never ever had any snow in this part of the country. Like it was a natural phenomena. For crying out loud! This is New York and it is winter. What else can we have if it is not snow?

I would laugh like crazy it this was just another cry wolf thing. They did it already a few times this winter. And the sanitation people are laughing all the way to the bank because they are getting big bucks for just sitting in their nice, warm trucks all night and drinking hot coffee.

I wish I can have a nice job like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment