Thursday, January 8, 2015

Wednesday

I can not get over how sophisticated technology is. Maybe it is not that sophisticated but I am naïve or unknowledgeable. But still every day I am stunned at things that I discover.

Yesterday I had to contact my internet protection company because I lost their program and the computer was unprotected. Since I am a subscriber there was no problem for them to install it again.

I was talking to this nice guy in Madras, India and he did what was needed to be done. What amazed me and it does amaze me every single time was that how he took over control of my computer and did the entire work from that faraway place like if he was sitting here in my apartment. I was just sitting there watching the mouse go all over the screen under his control without me lifting a finger.

The flip side of this is that if he can do it what stops others from doing the same thing to anybody's computer? This guy was asking permission from me, he went the legal way. But that is just a formality to protect them. What about somebody who just doesn't care the legality and protection and does this without permission? Thinking about it, it is scary.

One of the things that amaze me is what can be found on YouTube. That is a fantastic site. Not that everything American can be found on it but I was dreaming up old Hungarian movie titles or show people and everything just pop up.

This afternoon I was watching old comedy sketches in Hungarian from comedians who were big in my time. Surprisingly many of their acts are preserved on YouTube. I don't know who has the patience, time and energy to do the preservation for posterity but whoever it is I am grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment