Thursday, January 22, 2015

Tuesday

Today, Tuesday, I took my car for its first oil change but it was done at the dealer. I usually don't go to the dealership because my neighborhood car wash does it just as efficiently and plus I get a free car wash. But when I received this car I got a year free oil change.

In my life the word FREE has great prestige and importance!

Anyway the car was done, it was checked and just like its master it was found to be in good health.

After the dealer I drove over to New Jersey because I planned to go to the Crematorium to visit where my Wife's ashes are. This I do every month.

New Jersey is known for its low gas prices. At least low as far as New York is concerned. In New York they steal your money every which way possible. So when I know I will go to New Jersey I economize and try to fill the tank over there.

As soon as I got off the New Jersey side of the George Washington bridge and saw the first gas station I immediately knew I was in the right place. Actually I was stunned because it was many years that I saw gas prices this low. Everywhere regular gas was posted below $2 a gallon. That was a sight to behold.

After I finished what I was planning to do and before returning to the land of the robber barons I filled my tank at $1.85 a gallon.

Taking all the tolls into account for crossing over it is not worth the trip just to fill up. But once in a while it is a good reminder of what the good old days were like when they were not trying to rob you at every corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment