Sunday, January 18, 2015

Saturday

Well, this time they hit it right. It snowed all night and when I woke up this morning everything was nice white. I am saying nice white because I don't have to go outside and shovel. I look out from my fifth floor view and admire the scenery. But it looks like the building staff don't have to go out either because there is nobody out there cleaning it.

Since the temperature is above freezing this white beauty will not last long. It will turn to dirty slush and by the time we go out and go shopping there'll be dirty slush splashing on the car.

I am dying to go skiing but my busy social calendar makes it very difficult. Next week I have things to do for three consecutive days and with that January is over. Maybe I'll be luckier in February. It's not that I'm lazy to go it's just I have no free time. And I am peculiar about my skiing days. I like Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Those are the two good days that I like to ski. Don't know why, just is.

Like I said February is just around the corner and maybe that will be a better month as far as skiing goes.

Come to think of it that February is just around the corner. Isn't time flying by? Just now we celebrated the New Year and it is already February. What's the rush?

Early in my working life in this country I worked on the construction of the 1963-1964 World's Fair in Flushing New York. I worked for a construction superintendent who used to have a saying when we were planning the upcoming work activities. By the beginning of the second week of the month as far as he was concerned that month was gone. Now, that was rushing time.

Right now I am very happy where I am and I am not in a hurry to speed up my life.

Besides at this age what's the point speeding it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment