Saturday, January 10, 2015

January 9

I don't know when a newborn baby opens his eyes the first time and when he does, does he register the world around him. But regardless to these events the point is that 78 years ago today this baby came to the world, opened his eyes and probably thought in Hungarian, oh shit!

But anyway, all day today when I am writing this I am celebrating my birthday. This morning when I woke up I gave myself two kisses. One in each cheek (face that is)!

But seriously, I received a bunch of Birthday cards, phone calls and other stuff. And they all felt very good.

As Sally Field said when she received the Academy Award: somebody out there like me!

But really 78 years is a hell of a long time to be on this earth. But regardless, I have no plans to leave just yet.

In this past 78 years I did go through a lot. I'm not comparing it to anybody else because countless people went through lot more and lot worse but still this is my life I did go through a lot.

If I would ever sit down and try to write my life's history with all the ups and downs I would probably be the only buyer for that book but the bottom line or the evidence would show that somebody or something is looking out for me.

I survived so much horror, sadness and unhappiness that I even surprise myself that like a good Timex watch I keep ticking. In line with what I always say no matter what happens the next day the sun comes up and there is a new day beginning.

With that in mind I keep my life going, refusing the number value of my age and looking forward to the next day. Because as they say 78 is only a number. Or as Jack Benny said I am 39 twice.

And I advise all my younger friends who are in the same ballpark and the same age and model as I am to think the same way!

Happy Birthday to me with all my love and hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment