Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Gym Selection

I love to work out and for many-many years I have been going to various gyms. When the last one U used to belong to went kaput, because the owner stole the equipment I searched for another place and found one that I really like.

It is a very large national corporation but the gym is well equipped, not too far for me and there is ample parking there. So I signed up and have been going now for the third year. Ok, I don't go as frequently as I should but I do go and that's what counts!

Last week I was given the name of a company through which I can sign up to almost any health club and through them my health insurer will pay the cost of the membership.

I checked it all out and was pleasantly surprised when I saw my health insurer on the list of affiliated companies. According to this company I can sign up to almost any gym or health club and they are covered.

Now I am stumped. Never liked too many choices because it makes decision making a difficult process.

Yesterday I went to my gym and on the way home I stopped and checked out LA Fitness a national health club. The place is ginormous. It has everything one can think of including a large pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and all the machines under the sun. Plus a basketball court and a few racquetball courts.

Then in my neighborhood there are a few little more upscale gyms that I might be able to attend for FREE. The ones closer to me have serious parking problems so very likely they will be eliminated.

But selecting the right ones is not an easy thing to do. Mainly because I do belong somewhere and it is totally inexpensive. But hey, for a pensioner like me every penny counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment