Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Tuesday

This morning I went to Manhattan (again) to see my doctor. This time it was legitimate because I really did have an appointment. The appointment was for nine o'clock and right on the dot I was ushered in to one of the many examination rooms the doc had.

As far as they are concerned everything was on schedule!

The fact that the doctor didn't come into the room until ten o'clock is not being anywhere recorded. I am convinced that there is a course in medical school on hot to totally disregard patients' comfort or convenience.

Right now I do know a few doctors who are not associated with each other but all do the same thing as far as punctuality or observing appointment times. And they didn't even go to the same medical school. So, I guess it is in the general curriculum.

But, when they eventually do come in they all provide excellent care. Meaning I shouldn't complain.

At the end of my visit I left very happy because my doctor told me that there was nothing to worry about, my kidneys are fine.

Now who would not like to hear such good news.

On the way back to the subway I got sidetracked because I went in to the New York City Public Library on Fifth Avenue and Forty Second Street.

I have been living in New York for 57 years and I passed the building many many times but never ever went in. So today it changed. I did go in and was not sorry at all.

Spent about an hour in there and saw only a fraction. I got bogged down in one room where family history for American and foreign families were documented. Naturally I was not able to find anything even remotely connected to my family name but it was still interesting.

Maybe one day I'll go there like a tourist and spend some real quality time and get to know the place.

After the Library I decided to go to Times Square and get a feel for what it would be at New Year's Eve. Since the weather was good the place was almost wall to wall people. Tourists mainly, speaking all kinds of different languages. This last one doesn't make one a tourist since a good percentage of New Yorkers speak other than English, unfortunately.

But to me it was interesting and at that point I had enough of it and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment