Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Appointment

I am usually a pretty well organized person. If I have to go somewhere important the next day I usually prepare what I will wear, set the alarm clock and put out papers I have to take with me. This is not an old person's idiosyncrasy, this just the way I am.

I rarely forget anything important.

Except today.

I got up at seven in the morning, got ready, took the subway into Manhattan and proudly walked into my urologist's office at nine on the dot. Last week I had the kidney scan and today he was supposed to give me the results so I was a little apprehensive.

Something didn't look right because when I walked in there was nobody in the waiting room and that what was unusual. The lady behind the window looked at me and asked what was I doing there. I told her I had a nine o'clock appointment with the doctor.

No you don't she replied. The doctor is never in on Mondays.

I thought I was going nuts. Got up early, go into Manhattan and then find out I misinterpreted the appointment.

Anyway the lady and I agreed that this was to be our secret and she gave me another time for tomorrow at nine in the morning (I think).

I decided that I'll keep on going in until one day it will be my time, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment