Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Busy Monday

Today I had a very busy day which I really do not mind because it is a lot better than just aimlessly loaf around. The only negative, well one of the negatives was that I had to get up at the crack of dawn. At the ungodly hour of seven a.m.

I took an eight o'clock express bus into Manhattan because I had a 9:15 a.m. appointment with my urologist. The appointment went fine and I was out of his office by 11. The negative thing was that he found a small cyst on my kidney. I think I had that before but I just forgot to tell him. Anyway, next Tuesday I am going to a radiology place for a look see, then back to him a week later for the verdict. I hope there is nothing wrong!

After I finished with the doctor I decided to take a nice leisurely walk up Fifth Avenue. You see I was at 42nd Street. So, I started walking uptown. I went to see the Christmas windows at Sachs Fifth Avenue which to me was no big deal even though the crowd front indicated otherwise. Then I went to Rockefeller Center and checked out this year's Christmas tree.

It was a shame to cut it down! That would have been better off remaining where it was. This tree is anything but majestic. Short, stocky and to me it looked frumpy. But again, the people loved it. There was really a fairly large crowd there even in the ice skating rink. Maybe the weather explains it. It was sunny, pleasantly cool and that do bring out the people.

Before getting to Rockefeller Center I took a short stroll into 47th Street where the jewelry/diamond centers are. It boggles one's mind how much wealth is in those windows. Unfortunately there were more people in the street than in the stores. I don't know how these people make living with that cut throat competition.

I for one wouldn't buy anything from them because I don't trust any one of them. They are worse than car salesmen.

After all these I took the subway home and after resting for about a half an hour went to meet my friend and his wife for lunch. The lunch was great, we sat in the restaurant from 2 p.m. until 5 p.m. and talked. Boy, we can talk!

This was the kind of place where they really don't care how long one sits around. And we took full advantage of that.

By the time I got home it was almost 6 o'clock and I was exhausted. It is very tiring to be charming all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment