Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Monday

Prior to this blog I have written 440 articles. Now that's an accomplishment even if I say so myself. I wander how thick it would be if it could be made into a book. Too bad that it is not that interesting that it would worth the effort. Oh, and also the expense.

That's enough self adulation, let's get rolling.

Today I got up early and got ready to go into Manhattan because I had several things to do. The foremost was a doctor's appointment at 12 noon. I got there on time and there were about nine people ahead of me. During the next hour the number "dwindled" to five before me.

Now, I am as patient as a lamb. I can wait forever for anything as long as it is worth it. But I was slowly losing my patience mainly because I had to be somewhere else around two o'clock. So, the first time in my life I got up and told them to reschedule the appointment because I couldn't wait any longer and left the office.

There was no trouble rescheduling and the new appointment is next Monday early in the morning. This way I'll have the entire day to wait if it is necessary.

In case anybody is wondering what was so important that I would cancel a doctor's appointment here is the answer: I was meeting my bro in law at the Hungarian restaurant for a late lunch.

I think that justifies the cancellation, right? We had a very good lunch. I had Hungarian bean soup and veal paprikash with dumplings (nockerle) and sauce naturally. And for appetizer Hungarian palacsinta filled with apricot jam. Palacsinta is like crepe suzette but better. A lot better!

And then we sat around and talked for over two hours. Over all it was a good day.

Instead of driving today I took the subway into the City. When it comes to that the subway is the best mode of transportation. It got me there and it also got me home and cost a lot less than taking the car, paying tolls and looking for parking place. Actually, using my senior citizen discount the subway is almost free.

This morning it was really cold. 27 degrees Fahrenheit. I was looking at the people how they were dressed to protect themselves against this cold. It's an interesting mix and match with very little match.

Some people give the impression that the cold caught them unexpectedly and they just pulled stuff out of the drawers with their eyes closed. Some other people think that covering their heads, putting on warm gloves will allow them to go practically barefoot. I saw an obvious white collar worker who had a coat on that was warm but was about three sizes too small. And he thought he was cool.

All I can say it was an interesting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment