Friday, December 5, 2014

Skagen

I love watches or any kind of timekeeping pieces. I have several wristwatches, an antique clock and some others including a cheap kitchen wall clock. And, I like them all.

I also have about two wristwatches that need to by wound up every night. I used to do it but lately I became lazy and they are just resting in my jewelry box. But once in a while I wind them up and so far they were working like a charm.

I am in seventh heaven when the time changes in the Spring and Fall. I can go over all my timepieces and adjust them. That includes naturally also the microwave.

The problem I'm having now is that one of my "babies got sick". I have a Skagen very sporty and cool looking wristwatch that I really like and the other day its battery died. That would have been no problem because I know how to replace it but the problem was that once I replaced it it still didn't work. I called the company and now I have to send it off to Texas for repairs.

Three years ago when I sent my then Skagen for repair they couldn't fix it and they gave me a brand new watch. So this one is only three years old. It remains to be seen what will happen at this time.

Just a note. Remember this one is three years old and is going to service.

I have an old Doxa wristwatch I got from my Father, I think, in 1951. That watch is 63 years old and is working perfectly. Naturally, I have to wind it up every night but I don't mind. That watch has phosphorescent hands and when I got it I thought it was so cool that I could tell time in the dark.

The Skagen is modern, up to date and battery operated with no real moving parts inside. All electronic. The Doxa is all moving parts, not complicated and working perfectly.

I would hate to own a $10,000 Rolex where even more things can go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment