Saturday, December 13, 2014

Dentist

I realized why I am so smart!

On Wednesday I had my semi-annual dental checkup which included cleaning that I hate and a visual checking of my teeth for any pending or future problem. I was happy to learn that there were no problems of any kind. That's what I like to hear from a doctor. I know he can not make a living off people like me but hey, that's not my problem.

Anyway, just before leaving I asked my dentist if I have or I don't have my wisdom teeth. The subject came up because a few days before my bro in law and I were talking about that.

The doctor checked all four and told me that I still have one of them.

And that is the reason why I still have a smidgen of smart left in me!

Something else.

Today I went to visit my elder friend. We had a nice afternoon of talking and reminiscing. He has no computer and now he is very sorry that when he had the chance he didn't take advantage of it. Obviously, it is too late for him to start now but he does realize what he is missing from the world of technology.

Sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't be better off without this pain in the butt! But when a few years ago after a heavy wind storm we lost our cable service for about three days we all felt like the window to the outside world just shut front of us.

Maybe if one never had it is different but when one had computers for years losing it even just for a short time is really a traumatic experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment