Monday, December 29, 2014

A Sunday

A funny thing happened to me on the way to...

Several years ago, I don't remember when I only know that my mother-in-law was still alive, because my Wife and I were going to her house on Easter Sunday for dinner.

My Wife wanted to stop at a neighborhood church for Easter Sunday Mass that was held at noon(ish). I was not against it, always liked the pomp and the people there. So there we were all dressed up in the church taking part in the nice mass. We were sitting in the back, close to the entrance because the plan was that as soon as the sermon is over we would leave and head to Manhattan.

I was sitting right by the aisle and She was next to me.

To understand the meaning of this Holiday, they celebrate the resurrection of Christ who according to some was killed because of the Jews.

Why did I give this explanation? You'll see.

So, the service goes on and everything is really nice. That was a very nice, large Catholic church, really impressive.

Before the en, a guy comes up to me and asks that because there were not enough ushers would I help with the collection of the donation. I politely declined telling him that we would shortly leave.

Now why was this interesting and ironic?

Here is this large Catholic church celebrating the Resurrection of Christ who according to some was killed by the Jews and they approach me, most certainly the only Jewish person in that church to help with the donations.

I should have taken the donations but instead of bringing it to the altar take it with me and send back a thank you note on behalf of the long abused Jewish people.

No comments:

Post a Comment