Saturday, December 6, 2014

Driving

Lately I drive a lot. Not great distances but enough within a thirty mile radius. A lot of that driving take place on parkways with 55 mile per hour speed limit. Now, these roads do not post minimum speed limits which they should and a lot of people decide to take supposedly faster roadways to drive excessively slow.

They are convinced that if they drive at a 40 miles per hour speed on a 55 miles per hour road they drive safer than anybody else. They are idiots! they don't realize that by forcing people to pass them they create more dangerous conditions.

These are, most of the times older women and men and people who can not see clearly or people who are just afraid to drive.

But if that's the case why don't they just take side roads instead of the faster roadways? They are apparently not in a hurry to get to wherever they are going. They probably just want to piss everybody off.

It is worse when they get in the middle lane and just don't want to move.

I hate these people. I hate them with a passion. They should not be allowed on the roads.

Here is another scary occurrence.

I went to a restaurant one day. I saw an elderly man who walked very slowly with the aid of a walker. Walking was a very general description of the way he moved. He had serious problems dragging his feet behind him. It was visible that he could not stand on any one of them.

But the scariest thing was yet to come. Later when I was getting into my car I saw him getting into his. And guess what, he was getting into the driver's seat. It appeared that while he was not able to walk he was able to drive.

I can not fathom how come such handicapped people are permitted to sit behind the steering wheel.

Today I got into a loud argument with my elderly friend because he insists that he can drive. He is having balance problems, he can have mild seizures. Yet he says he is able to drive.

I told him that if he takes his car out and gets into an accident it is not that he might kill himself but he might kill other people, too.

Could not get through to him because that is not how he sees himself. And I guess it is the same way with all these other people.

Very scary to be on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment