Sunday, December 28, 2014

Diet

I think I mentioned it before that dieting is being suspended during the holiday season.

The first question that arises is just how long is the "holiday season"?

It starts with Christmas and supposed to end with New Year Day. But in respect to our friends in other parts of the world we can go as far as Ukrainian or Russian Christmas that is on January 7, 2015.

I'm sure Putin will appreciate it and it will also ease our minds about eating all those goodies. Also, by that time we will probably finish all that need to be finished.

However, and there is always a however. There is are extenuating circumstances in my case. I have a document in my possession that permits me to indulge a little longer. And, that is my birth certificate that notes that I was born on January 9, meaning I can indulge longer, at least until the end of my birthday week.

But then one of my dearest friend's birthday is on January 31. Now, if we use the pretense of Russian Christmas as a target date I for one can not let my friend's birthday forgotten. It is just not being done, he is too good a friend.

Bottom line is, serious diet will start on February 1, 2015. And that's final.

But in all seriousness the holiday feast until now is fabulous. We are doing almost an eating orgy. Every day we all find excuses for more good stuff. There is a Hungarian dish that is jellied pig's feet in aspic. In Hungarian it is called kocsonya. The English translation doesn't even come to close what the stuff really is. It is a popular dish during the Christmas holidays. My friend made some that is so good that I hope the poor pig went to pig haven for what good it did.

I have some at home and I really can't stop eating it. I really don't need an excuse why, I just eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment