Monday, December 1, 2014

Clean Sunday

I am not a neat freak but I do like cleanliness. I hate house cleaning and I hate any other kind of housework. I would just love to sit around and be served and have everything done and taken care of for me and naturally living in a clean environment.

But it is not possible and if I don't do it nobody else will. I am not a millionaire, I can not afford to hire a staff to handle all my affairs. So, what is remaining is that I have to do everything that needs to be done. And, I am doing it or at least trying to do it on schedule. Ok, once in a while I cut corners to make things easier for myself but most of the time things do get to be taken care of.

Today is Sunday and because of last week's hectic schedule the few chores I had scheduled slipped and today was catch up day.

That means I was cleaning my simple abode. It was not absolutely necessary but my conscience was bothering me. Even though all my windows are closed and the apartment opens into a closed hallway it is amazing how much dust collect in one week's time. So, I was dusting.

Earlier in the morning I made all kinds of decisions for what I was to do today but I got on the telephone, I got on the computer and as time went by my list of do things gradually shrank to a very few manual and necessary chores.

Anyway I did them all and now I feel satisfied. The place gives a clean feel and I can sit on my laurels for a job well done.

At least I can sit on those laurels until Thursday when the "official" cleaning day arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment