Sunday, November 30, 2014

Speeding

I wrote earlier that I don't like young people because of the their lack of gray hair. I am expanding that definition to also include school kids.

Why do I have to look out when I am driving in a school area as not to hit a kid? Aren't these kid getting some kind of education that would teach them not to run under a moving car? Don't their teachers tell them to look left and right before stepping off a curb? What the hell are they learning in school? How to shoot, how to be discourteous and rude with adults and basically just how to be stupid?

The reason of my outburst is that today I got in the mail a $50 ticket for speeding in a school zone. It seems that I went ten miles over the posted speed limit (actually it was eleven miles but I am not picky) and their camera caught me. These cameras are so accurate that there is really no room left to argue. Without a doubt it was me.

But had there been any children on the street I certainly would have slowed down.

Something else.

In the Jewish Arab war there was an Israeli tank in hot pursuit of an Arab machine gunner mounted on a truck who was trying to destroy the tank with his machine gun but his bullets were unable to penetrate the steel walls of the tank. He was jumping all over the place with his truck but the tank just kept on coming. Eventually he ran out of ammunition. He then realized that there was nothing he could do but stop and wait for the inevitable end.

After a while the tank also stopped its top opened up and the Israeli solder emerged.

Hey, stupid Arab, you ran out of bullets?

Allah, Akbar, yes I did.

With that the Israeli reached back to the tank, grabbed something and asked the Arab:

Do you want to buy some?







No comments:

Post a Comment