Friday, November 7, 2014

Thursday

Today is Thursday and I had a and good eventful day. The first thing was that I cleaned the house. It sounds crazy but I really look forward to doing it mainly because at that time I feel really useful. And at the end I have that good feeling that I achieved something good.

It is very easy to postpone things, forget to do things or just plain not to do things. But I keep telling myself that there are certain things I must do in my life and this is one of them. So, there we go, cleaning is done for a week.

The other good thing was that I had a great diner tonight.

There is an event here called Restaurant Week when many upscale restaurants drop their prices and make it possible for poor slobs like me to visit them without leaving one's shirt there. This week is Long Island Restaurant Week and because of that my friends and I visited a very nice and good steak house in Long Island. I was there years ago and the place is really expensive.

But the food is great, service is impeccable, parking was available so it was worth the money. Because of this promotion they drop their prices on certain menu items which we took advantage of.

Bottom line is we all had a great steak dinner, good drinks and fantastic company. It was really pleasant and I am looking forward to the next such event.

I wrote so nicely about these two things that I really don't know now which was the winner. The steak dinner or the house cleaning?

No comments:

Post a Comment