Thursday, November 20, 2014

Wednesday

Today is Wednesday and it looks like winter made an early show. Well, at least with the temperature. Last night when I was leaving from my friend's house it was 25 degree over there that's Fahrenheit). Not in the house but outside and on the way home it pretty much stayed at that same temperature. Thanks for the technology the inside of the car was nice and comfy.

This morning it was again very cold in New York but thankfully my apartment is nice and warm at least for now. I hope it will stay that way. I am exposed to the whims and desires of the building management as far as heat is concerned. They are cheap and they have a crappy boiler system meaning breakdowns are not uncommon except that unfortunately the boiler breaks down mostly in the Winter and not in the Summer.

But by the time the real Winter arrives we'll get used to its ups and downs.

Something else.

This afternoon I went to Sloan Kettering for the usual monthly bereavement meeting. I am kind of looking forward to these little get togethers. Today it was different. Today's subject was how to deal with the holidays. There was a woman pastor and a very young woman psychologist in addition to our usual own counselor.

There was a very large turnout because it seemed they combined other groups into today's session. Nothing was said that would lessen the pain or make it go away.
We were told the dangers of depression, how to deal with the sadness of loss and a few other things that we were all aware of. They were busy telling and discussing how to get smaller children involved with the mourning process.

Since I have no children of any size I was really not much interested in that part of the conversation. If by any chance somebody will show up and claims to be my "long lost" child that person will then just have to deal with my problems. But this happening is very unlikely!

No comments:

Post a Comment