Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Monday

I don't think I have amnesia but there are certain things I just don't remember. So farI have written 426 articles in this blog, some probably boring, some I hope interesting. And, I am sure there are certain subjects that I am repeating. If I did I am sorry, it was done simply because something peaked my interest and that is why I wrote about it.

Here is another subject that I might have written about a while ago.

This morning I was driving to the gym to ease my soul about my current habit of eating when listening to the radio I heard hospital and doctor advertisements.

Years ago this was unheard of. Doctors, lawyers, hospitals did not advertise. I guess their code of ethics was changed because now a days whenever one turns on the radio all it can be heard is their advertisements.

For a simple person like me this can be very confusing. Every hospital that I hear claims to be the best in a particular field and insinuates that any mortal person is committing a grave by not bringing his or her problems to them.

The way I am running my life and that's the way I always had it was that if anything critical happened that needed hospitalization I relied on my doctor's advice on where to go and did not follow any lame advertisings. My doctor is affiliated to a good New York hospital and if needed that is where I go (hope it will not be needed).

I don't even know if one can just walk in any hospital and ask to be cured simply based on their advertisings.

The hospitals and doctors are pushing their services so hard that I wouldn't be surprised if they would offer Black Friday specials just so we would bring them our businesses. I wonder if people can take competitive bids from various institutions on how much they would charge for the cure.

But you know, nothing surprise me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment