Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Sun-Mon

I am in a discovery mode with my new computer. It's not that I don't have enough problems understanding all the buttons and their functions in my new car, now I also have to deal with this new computer. I really don't know which is a bigger headache.

Anyway, this morning I discovered I have Skype. I was always against it but since I have it and I am getting a certain number of minutes free each month I as might as well use it, right? I really don't know how it works but I'll figure it out in time.

So, I activated it and listed a bunch of people I can pester or call without warning and maybe catch them when they the least expect it. LOL!

Not really, I'll be nice because I am a nice and polite person.

Something else.

Yesterday, Sunday, I had a very nice day. Because of some changes in the social calendar my regular Saturday "chores" were put off for Sunday. My friend and I did our usual supermarket thing yesterday and after that went out for an early dinner.

I found out that in the area we were in there was a Joe's Crab Shack. I saw it many times advertised on TV but never been to one. So we tried it yesterday. In all honesty, I was very glad we did. Even though I don't eat crab because it is a lot of work I still liked the place. They had all kinds of crab except soft shell which is the easiest to eat but they also had all kinds of other seafood.

I had some kind of lobster-shrimp-crab concoction that didn't need any work except just eating and it was very good. They also have some good drinks in those mason jars that one can take home. Since I had two drinks I now have a collection of two of those jars.

The atmosphere was good mainly because periodically the wait staff started in unison to sing and dance which, I think was a very nice touch. All in all I really liked the place and we had a good time.

It is very funny (or sad) that when one has really nothing important to do, days are kind of lose their meaning. This phenomenon is part of retired life. For me a Tuesday or Wednesday or Friday are all the same. So yesterday when we did our Saturday stuff I was totally confused. All day I thought I was Saturday.

But I am OK now. I know that Today is Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment