Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Tuesday in New Jersey

Today I had a long but very satisfying day. Actually, I got home around 11:30 PM and was thinking that since nobody out there care about me, maybe I just don't write anything today. But then I also said hell with that, I write for me and I am here eager to read what I have to say.

So, here it is.

A little after 10 AM I left the house on my way to New Jersey to visit a very dear and longtime friend. She lives almost a hundred miles away, lives alone and we usually commiserate together. The drive took almost two hours but once I left New York it was very pleasant. Good driving weather, no traffic, 65-75 miles per hour speed for fairly extended time. What else can a man ask for?

Last night I decided to try my new GPS and I programed her address in the system. Well, that alone was a major accomplishment from my part. This morning I put the sound on and once I started the drive I started to argue with the voice because she directed me the way I didn't want to go and I knew it was not the best route. Eventually we made up and now she is my girlfriend.

At my friend's place we had a great time (at least I did). We talked, we laughed, we ate (she is a great cook). I really don't go to see her because of her cooking, I go there because she is a good friend and I like her. We came from the same city, we were together after we left Hungary and we came to this country almost at the same time. Meaning, we do have a lot in common.

Also, she has an extremely friendly and cute dog. If that friendliness and cuteness could be canned my friend could be a very rich woman.

I left for home around 8:30 PM and since again there was no traffic I got home just a little before 10:30. I programmed the GPS to take me home even though I knew the way and after a few adjustments in her planning she did take me to my garage entrance with no problem. This second programming didn't go any easier than the first one. And, I know that since I will not use the GPS too frequently I will definitely forget how to use it by the time it will be need it again.

But, since the car is on a three year lease I have three years to learn these gadgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment