Thursday, November 6, 2014

Wednesday

It is 8:30 in the morning on Wednesday and I am contemplating what to do Today. I have been up since 7:30 and spent most of my time front of the computer.

I really like this bugger! Even though I lost some games or at least can not find them from the other computer I will deal with this inconvenience.

There was a Hungarian daily cross word puzzle I did every day just to practice my knowledge of my mother tongue and that thing does not come on in this program. But I'll manage this somehow. This should be my life's biggest problem, right?

Right now I am vacillating between going to the gym or not. Part of my brain tells me I should the other part tells me just stay home and be like a sloth (do nothing, just hang around). But since I have about an hour to make this serious decision I'll delay it for a while. I think I will go anyway. Love to cause pain and exertions on myself and that's what the gym does.

It clears my conscious and this way I don't feel so bad when I might eat a little more than I should.

A little politicking!

Yesterday was Election Day and as the results show we are heading into a Republican dominated Congress. The way I see it this country is great at criticizing other governments for their undemocratic attitudes, for their anti-American behaviors, for their corruptions etc. Now with the Republicans at the lead all this will happen here in Washington if it is not happening already.

The Washington Republicans were foaming at the mouth when Obama was elected president by a democratic system they are claiming to protect. How dare a black man become the leader of this country! From day one they did nothing but tried to discredit him and placed one roadblock after another front of his administration. If this not racist behavior then I don't know what is. They are absolutely convinced that they are God's gift to mankind (the American mankind). The Congress in Washington is the laughing stock of the world but they don't care and they don't seem to notice it. They are so engrossed in their self importance and self adulation that they really don't care about the people.

Now, the next two years will even be more problematic. The two sides will not come to any agreements and while each one will try to push forward of what they think is best for the people they think they represent in the meantime they will be stifling us with their "goodwill".

I think I heard that in Florida they spent in the neighborhood of a hundred million dollars on the campaign. That is totally criminal! People who do this should be prosecuted because this means they want to be in position so badly that they will do anything to get it. It is not for the good of the people it is for the good of the politician. That one hundred million dollars could have fed the hungry, could have created jobs, could have been used for medical research. Shame on them!

Unfortunately, today's politicians do not care about the people. They only care about themselves. They are just as corrupt as the ones they criticize in other parts of the world but they hide it behind false honest attitudes towards the people. The word people is nothing more than a banner behind they can all hide.

Bottom line is that it is a shame what goes on here. It used to be the best system in the world but slowly (maybe not that slowly) it is sinking away from the lead position!



No comments:

Post a Comment