Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Drinks

I love a good drink. But, I only drink mixed drinks. Nothing straight up, no wine. All these years in this country and never ever developed a taste for whiskey. Can't stomach it.

But I do like mixed drinks primarily with vodka but basically any mixed drink is fine. So the other day when I was in the supermarket I bought a bottle of cranberry juice and a bottle of V8 juice. The latter the spicy variety.

Adding vodka to cranberry juice makes a good refreshing drink with a little zing to it. Vodka and V8 and some other "my secret" additives make a great Bloody Mary. And unfortunately, I love them both.

Right now as I am sitting front of the computer and writing this I am also sipping my freshly made Bloody Mary. And since I haven't eaten yet it tastes even better.

So now with the holidays upon us I am in training as far as drinking goes. I make me a good drink in the afternoon just to get in shape. Is that training equivalent to going to the gym?

However with V8 one has to be very careful because my doctor told me that it is high in acids and that is very bad for the stomach. It seems that not the alcohol that is bad but the tomato/vegetable juice. So I will restrain my enthusiasm for that drink.

Maybe just plain vodka is the answer.

When we go to Mexican restaurants which now a days is happening fairly frequently I drink Margaritas. As many a restaurant I have visited until now they all have different kind of Margaritas and they all claim that these are their specialties. I can't seem to find one that I like more than another because they are all different and I like them all. Also by the time I leave these restaurants I certainly don't remember what I drank.

That's O.K., this makes going out more interesting.

I don't drink wine only if there is nothing else. I never developed an appreciation for good wine which means any good wine is wasted on me. I only like sweet and fruity tasting wines, the ones a serious wine drinker wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Like during the Jewish holidays I drink Manischewitz wine because they are sweet and fruity.

I wanted to say like me but, stopped because only half of it is true. I am sweet but nor fruity!

No comments:

Post a Comment