Sunday, November 2, 2014

Conservative

I am becoming a real old fuddy-duddy. I hate everything new, I hate changes yet, I really like modern things. I guess I am a conservative by heart.

I don't like to buy anything not because I am cheap, although I do like money, but because then I will have to get used to the new things.

Actually, I do like new and modern stuff, what I don't like is replacing older and comfortable things with new ones. That covers everything from my shoes all the way to a newer car.

But I like my new car and I am slowly getting used to it. What right now is giving me the jitters is this new computer.

As I mentioned previously I bought a new one. I bought a Lenovo All-In-One 19.5" computer with Windows 8.1 in it. This is as far as my technical vocabulary will take me. That's it, can't go any further.

I went to the store, I selected this particular one, they gave me a box with everything in it and I was on my own. I had to set the whole thing up by myself with nothing but a very thin Manual helping me out.

But credit to me, I did it! I'm not saying that I was not nervous while doing it and even Today a few days later I still feel like I'm in the dark. I find things I am looking for but mainly by accident then next time I can not remember how I did that particular thing. Things I did in my previous computer I can not find and can not do. That's when the comfort factor come in. I am not yet very comfortable with this new gadget. Probably I will be in a while but right now I am still very nervous using it.

Can not understand why there is no manual available. The keyboard has about five thousand different uses, mostly not obvious because they are hidden, but how in the world one finds them out? OK, I can not remember all five thousand maybe just three (not thousand) but it would still be nice to know about them.

I'm sure what frightens me is that I have nobody to ask. At work I was surrounded with people who knew computers. Here now every question would cost me money. So I'd be better off solving my problems by myself.

Now I'm back in the circle where I started from, so I'm scared again.

No comments:

Post a Comment