Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving Parade

Yesterday for a while I was watching the Macy's Parade. It is so lame that only a five year old can enjoy it and I gave up after a short time.

People get up early in the morning to go over there and a have good vantage point. I don't know if anybody care that the whole thing is really made for television. They only need people as props and background. It is rushed because it has to be finished right on time so the stupid dog show may start. Because of that performers are not allowed to finish their numbers because they are being pushed to move on.

Singers are lip singing because they will not take a chance with their voices in the cold weather and that is understandable. All their performances are towards the TV cameras meaning that people who are sitting on the bleachers at Herald Square only see their backs. What is the fun in that?

Some of the floats and other performances are same year after year and if one remembers those they can be quite boring.

I usually don't watch TV in the morning but just because of tradition I turned it on yesterday. I'm sorry that I did.

The media is making such a big thing about this Santa Claus craze that is not funny anymore.

Wednesday when the New York Stock Exchange closed Santa and his helpers rang the closing bell. I can't imagine that those serious traders on the floor of the Stock Exchange who are only concerned with making money really cared about that bearded old man on the balcony. Santa is for the kids and that's where he should stay.

But yesterday turned out to be a very nice day after all. I had dinner with family in a very nice French restaurant in Manhattan. Regardless that it was a French place I still managed to have turkey as it is the custom at this time. O.K. I had escargot for appetizer but that was permitted. I don't know if the pilgrims had escargot but the French settlers surely had.

My family consisted my brother in law and my sister in law and we really had a good time. We drank, we ate then we drank some more then we ate a little more but at the end we all felt fairly comfortable.

The whole thing was nice because there was no traffic going into the city and there was none on my way home either and parking was pretty good, too.

Now, one event down one more to go then the year is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment