Sunday, December 21, 2014

Ailments

There are many serious and terrible illnesses in the world. Some are curable some are not. The incurable ones might end in the ultimate way or just simply run their times and eventually cure themselves.

This last group I want to discuss. There are incurable ails that simply stump science but there is nothing that can be done about them. We catch one and we have to suffer through them.

The common cold is the main culprit I am thinking of. This is the time when people catch colds left and right.

Men are a strong bunch. We are macho beyond belief. We tolerate pain, we don't complain, we tolerate discomfort. But when a man catches a cold he will immediately become a whimpering baby.

And that is where I am now. I have cold and I feel miserable. There is nothing I can do about this thing. I drink teas and other liquids, I take stuff with vitamin C, I eat chicken soup and I still feel I might not make it until tomorrow.

The fact that I am alone makes it different only the way that I can whine just to myself since there is nobody here to hear it.

I remember when my Wife had a cold which either She caught from me or eventually I caught from Her She carried on so gracefully. Not I. I sniffled, sneezed and whined all the time. But at time I had an audience and somebody feeling sorry for me.

Now I feel sorry for me and that's it.

The peculiar thing that I don't commune with too many people. Not like years ago when I went to work every day using public transportation. Now I am mainly home or just meet a few of my friends. So, I really don't know how and where I caught it.

I know this thing has to run its course which might take four or five days but while it is in me I feel like I am ready to leave this world even if I am nor yet ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment