Thursday, February 26, 2015

Wednesday

I am seriously thinking about enrolling in a university and study psychology on the highest level. It seems that I have a knack to give advise to people and the advise I give is appreciated.

What is the reason, you ask?

Today I went to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center for the monthly bereavement session which today had an unusually large turnout. We normally have about ten people at these sessions, today we had twenty one. It is sad because all these people are hit by their personal tragedies of losing a loved one.

To some people the loss is fairly recent to some it happened quite a while ago. But the common thread is that they all are hurting and everybody is trying to deal with their losses.

To some it is a parent to some it is a child to some it is a close friend and to some of us it is a spouse. Each one of us deal differently with the loss but the commonality is that everybody want to be able to deal with it.

Now I am the voice of calm reason at this gathering. I was hurting more than anybody can imagine at the beginning but slowly I came to terms with what happened. I had no choice but to accept it. Life went on and either I went with it or would have been left behind.

I chose the first, I went with life. I met a fantastic lady and started a beautiful relationship. I tell others that they should not despair, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Don't give up hope, don't get depressed because time is a great healer.

This does not mean that they should give up their memories but people should not give their life over to the memories. There are so many beautiful things out there that we all deserve to take some of it.

And, lo and behold more than one said to me once the session was over that they really liked what I was saying and they would try to remember it.

Too bad I can't charge for my good advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment