Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Nice Monday

Today, Monday was a real miserable day. Weatherwise I mean and not anything else. It is not that I have nothing else to write about it's just lately the weather plays such an important role in everybody's life around here.

All day yesterday they were harping about an impending snow storm that would start in the evening and go on easily into today making the morning drive a real hassle.

What really happened was that there was a little snow and a lot of freezing rain. And that's no fun either. I asked my G.F. to stay at my house with her daughter and not to drive to their home which is further away from the girl's school figuring it would be really bad in the morning. It was except it was ice and not snow as predicted.

The nice guy that I am and since my car was in the warm garage I offered to drive the girl to her school in the morning and her mother went off to work. I went to the gym for a little workout and I did see that the roads were pretty slick.

I came home, had lunch, sat down front of the TV and immediately dozed off. I woke at 2:45 and saw that we were having a major snow storm. I looked out the window but couldn't see the other side of the street it was coming down so hard.

Fortunately, my phone rang and the little girl called and asked if I could pick her up because her mother was still busy. I was really happy because that gave me an excuse to go out and drive around in the snow.

Now that the weather is still so questionable I told them to stay here another night because it would be crazy to drive home and back in the morning.

And I am getting to like this family atmosphere. My apartment is anything but quiet, the fridge is full and there is a lot of life all around. And now I realized how much I missed all that and how much I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment