Friday, February 6, 2015

Good Thursday

I am trying not to make this into a diary but I do things that I think deserve an honorable mention. And since I am the author with 500 blogs under my belt I figured I write whatever I want. Isn't this a nice self serving introduction?

Today is Thursday and being true to Thursdays we cleaned house, again. I am saying we because now it is becoming a collective effort. And I love every collective minutes of it!

She is so thorough with this thing that she makes me clean in places I never knew existed. In the apartment, I mean!

I have to say that the fact that my girlfriend and her daughter stayed in my house all this week was a very pleasant experience. I had that warm and belonging feeling. I didn't come home to an empty place with nobody waiting for me. It also gave me a peek at what a family might look like.

My 92 year old friend lives alone and we visited him today. Only our visits cheer him up because nobody except robo calls call him. No friends and no relatives. My heart breaks for him and I find myself very lucky that I had the opportunity to live this particular lifestyle.

I used to dread the time when I would live like he does now. Not anymore! Because I hope that is not what awaits for me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment