Monday, February 16, 2015

Saturday-Sunday

This is Sunday but I have to write more about yesterday's St. Valentine's Day. As far as I am concerned it just turned out perfect.

As I mentioned it yesterday I was never a great fan of such a holiday but my current situation made me to change my mind. It was a beautiful day spent with somebody I care for very deeply.

My girlfriend came up in the afternoon and brought me a large box of heart shaped chocolate and a very nice wine collection in a wooden box. I also gave her some present and in the evening we went out to dinner to a very nice restaurant on Long Island.

I have never been to this place but knew of its existence. It was typical Americana. We had a choice of a la carte or a buffet dinner. We chose the buffet because it had a larger selection. Ordered a nice bottle of wine and the dinner turned out be superb.

At the end they gave every lady a long stemmed rose which I think was a nice touch.

By the way, there is a French restaurant in St. Maarten called La Vie an Rose (and they also play Edit Piaf music) where they also give rose to every female patron at the end of the dinner.

But back to Saturday's dinner. Anyway, we had a great time. By the time we got home to my place it was four o'clock in the morning and we were exhausted. But it was all worth it.

We didn't wake up until about noon today, Sunday and by the time we went out of the house and got to some place for breakfast it was almost four o'clock.

Not being able to do our regular Saturday chores on Saturday today we went to a few stores and by the time we got home it got pretty late again.

But all in all these past two days turned out to be very nice and calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment