Thursday, February 12, 2015

Wednesday

Today I went skiing the second time this season. I had a great time, it was cool, sunny and being midweek not crowded. I made about thirteen runs total before I called it quits. That was ten runs before lunch and three after.

The ride up was pleasant until I got to the local road. Unfortunately I have to drive about forty miles on a one lane local road from the New York State Thruway to the ski place and that is harder than the rest.

The speed limit is 55 miles per hour on most of the road but if there is local yokel up front who is on his way to collect the eggs from his chicken coops then we, skiers are cooked. This person knows one speed and that is slow speed.

Unfortunately there are several locals on this road including school buses and delivery trucks who are really not in any kind of hurry.

Passing is not easy being this a two lane road, one in each direction and also pretty curvy. But I managed to make a few "egg collectors" eat my dust, thanks to my car's good power for acceleration.

When I got home good dinner was waiting for me spiced with a lots of love. I also got a massage that I can not believe any Olympic athlete got after the race.

It is nice to be appreciated and loved! One can very easily get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment