Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Monday

Today is Monday and when we awoke at ten the morning it was almost record cold. The official measurement was 4 degrees Fahrenheit which is about -16 degrees Celsius. That is really cold! Since the apartment was nice and warm on a day like today I wished I could just to stay in bed, cuddled up for the whole day.

But duty called and I went off to the gym. Today being Presidents' Day and that is a holiday the gym was more crowded than usual but I was able to find my machines and spots for a good workout.

I am getting to like this new gym not just because it is free but also because it is huge and there are always areas where there is no crowd.

When I am on the treadmill I am watching the people around me and I find this very entertaining. Not just because there is such a huge mix of different people there but because of everyone's devotion to exercise. No matter how old or what sex they are people work very hard at being well and looking good. Seeing how and what other people do is also gives a push to do my share.

I know I will not look like Arnold Schwarzenegger and I really don't even want to but if I can feel better and add a little muscle to my "scrawny" body I will feel pretty good.

I want to correct what I wrote in the third paragraph. FREE has everything to do with me liking the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment