Monday, February 2, 2015

Travel

Our Spring 2015 European trip is slowly taking shape. After some prodding from my friend I finalized the air portion of our trip. Actually, the place we will stay in Budapest is arranged, the place we will stay for two nights in Stockholm is arranged and the only thing missing was the air portion.

But now that is also done and now the only things missing are the travel insurance and the car rental.

The travel insurance has a 21 day window so I can not lag on that one and I always take out insurance whenever I travel. It is interesting to see how the travel insurance rates change from year to year. I am sure it has to do with age because mine is now in the stratosphere while a friend of mine who will travel in the Summer and is quite young paid a lot less for the same coverage.

Ah, that age factor again. Sometimes it is advantageous sometimes it is not. But, que sera, sera!

The car rental is not a problem, we just have to find the best rate available for our stay. There are all kinds of discount codes available but they need research. I have the time and I have the initiative so I will find them.

The interesting thing about European cars is that it is impossible to recognize their sizes from pictures and also even if the brands are known the models are totally strange. But we'll manage. Oh, also the normal cars over there are standard shift which I haven't driven in a while. But I am confidant that after a few blocks I'll get the hang of it.

Just have to be brave, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment