Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Tuesday

Today I Tuesday and so far this is the best day of the week. Well it is easy because the week so far is only two days old, but still the day was just great.

I will not bore anybody by describing how hard it was to tear myself away from my G.F.'s loving arms at 6:30 in the morning but what a man has to do, a man has to do.

And this man had to get up, get dressed and drive 140 miles into the mountains to get in a day of good skiing. And good skiing it was.

It was clear and crispy cold. The temperature was about 5 degrees Fahrenheit and that is about -15 degrees Celsius. No matter how we look at it it is cold. But what made it bearable was that there was no wind.

I don't know if it was because of last week was a holiday week or the cold but the place was empty. No people, no kids. I came down on some slopes without seeing anybody. The snow was very well maintained and it was dry, good skiable snow.

I skied a lot and had a great time.

The drive home was very pleasant even though it took three hours. But when I got home my G.F. was waiting for me with a fantastic dinner. Dinner was Hungarian bean soup with pig knuckles. It was just great.

Since she was a professional athlete she knows all the muscles in the body. So, after dinner she gave me a massage that speaks several languages.

I just hope the rest of the week will be equally good or better.

No comments:

Post a Comment