Sunday, February 15, 2015

Saturday

Today, Saturday is Valentine's Day. That's all they talk about on the radio and television. I have no clue who the hell was Saint Valentine and what he had to do with loving couples and why do they make such a big thing about his day.

And just to show how progressive and cosmopolitan the Hungarians are they picked this up even in Hungary. I never heard about it until landing in this country and never paid much attention to it.

The way we both felt if one loves a person that should be shown every day of every year and not just in one day, on February 14. Commercial interests blow this thing out of proportion just like Christmas and any other holiday to boost their greeting card, candy or jewelry sales. It is a dirty thing but I guess that is what capitalism is all about.

Well, since now I am living a renewed life and my girlfriend believes in St. Valentine's Day I decided to observe it and be very nice about it.

We are planning to go out and have a nice, romantic dinner in a nice restaurant just like any couple would do who care about each other.

I have friends who probably will do nothing special but I also have friends who I am sure will observe this day and will go out with their wives and celebrate the occasion.

They are expecting snow but I can not imagine that it would dampen our enthusiasm. Actually, lately nothing dampens my enthusiasm!

No comments:

Post a Comment