Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Monday

Last night (Sunday) was night of the Grammys. Lacking any other entertaining program on TV we watched this on and off. The entire program is a joke and that is my opinion.

This is nothing else than a collection of degenerate druggies whose only claim is that they get rich because of the public's stupidity. The public buys their records which in most cases are nothing more than unintelligible screaming and barking. The audience which comprises the same caliber people are sitting around and make believe they enjoy the others' music, the other's winnings and the other's stupid jukes or remarks.

Interestingly, at least as far as I know, only pop music is nominated. No artists were there from the more serious music genre like opera or even operettas. But I guess that's today's culture.

I for one didn't enjoy any of the songs. I felt sorry for poor Tom Jones who had to stand up and sing a duet with a young woman and make it believable that he could still sing. The man lost his voice and he should leave it at that. It was a long and tedious show full of self adulation and I was glad when it was finally over around half past 11 at night.

Something else.

Since I am on the "I hate" trip here is something else I hate.

I hate school buses. Those big yellow lumbering giants who think they own the roads and just because they carry kids they should have some advantages on the roads.

Their drivers can not drive, can not maneuver narrow streets, can not pass double parked cars. Many times they drive faster than the speed limit while just as many times they crawl on the road.

When I went to school we never had a school bus system. We walked or took public transportation. Whichever was the more convenient. But today's kids don't know how to walk or even take public transport. If the kid is too young then let one of the parent take him or her. That would take all those ugly school buses off the road.

Anyway I just don't like them and that is the end of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment