Monday, June 30, 2014

Vacation

Today is Sunday, the weather was just fantastic. Sun and heat. But with the exception of going to the gym before noon I was home. I was watching the Netherlands-Mexico Wold Cup soccer game. Loving St. Maarten I was rooting for the Dutch.

It was so hot there that they called stop to the game twice so the players could have water. The announcers said it was about 104 degrees.

So in sympathy with them I had the windows open and no a/c and I really suffered with them. I also had to call water stop to my watching. But like them I survived.

Other thing.

I probably mentioned it a few times already that we had a timeshare in St. Maarten in the Caribbean. Beautiful place that we both loved. Not just the place but the people there. Throughout the years we made many good friends who were there at the same time as we and we just so looked forward every year going down there.

Now that my Wife is no longer I had a great problem about what to do. I really very badly wanted to go there but couldn't see myself sitting on the beach alone day after day, or going to dinner alone or just being alone, period.

I looked around who can I invite to come with me, somebody who likes the beach, the sand and the sun. Oh, and the good French food.

Well, my Wife has (or had) a very lovely niece in Budapest whom I know and who was already planning to come to New York in early September for a visit. I asked her if she wanted to change her schedule and spend two weeks in St. Maarten. Fortunately, she said yes and accepted my invitation.

Now it looks like we can be in St. Maarten as I was hoping to. I already purchased the tickets, I just have to get the rental car arranged and then all is set.

EXCEPT the packing. I have to decide what to pack all by myself. All the time including last year's trip my Wife always told me what stuff to take, what to wear and how to look nice. Now I have to act like I growed up and do it alone. Ain't easy!

I am very excited and at the same time very apprehensive. But with all the nice people there I'm sure we will have a great time.

What hurricanes?

No comments:

Post a Comment