Friday, June 6, 2014

No Young

I know that I did express my opinion about young people at least once before. But, I'm sorry I have to do it again.

Every time I turn the TV on to a talk or news program all I can see is young smart alecs voicing their opinions. Mainly they are quoting statistics and data to back up what they are trying to say.

To me that is the same as talking to a person whose entire intelligence is backed by the informations from The New York Times. That to me sounds totally stupid.

I don't need a thirtysomething to tell me what the stock market will do just because he or she has an MBA. Or, another thirtysomething to discuss child rearing because she has a PhD from child psychology but never had any children.

Whatever happened to life experience?

I guess it went out the window with all the older people they put out to pastures. Now a days and older person can only survive in his or hers own business. He will certainly not going to tell himself to take a hike you are too old!

One reason the young crowd replaces the old one is that the employers can get a "twofer". Two young new employee for the one old they replace. The old guy makes more money, has experience, been there for long and knows the drill and has a mind of his own.

The young one is cheaper, glad to have a job, can be bullied into doing anything and is afraid to think for himself. Oh yes, one thing he does not have and that is experience. But who cares as long as he knows the statistics.

It seems that life experience has no meaning any longer.

I'll be damned if I will trust any of my affairs to anybody who has not seen first run Happy Days in its early days.

No comments:

Post a Comment