Monday, June 2, 2014

Sunday

Due to yesterday's car trouble we had to postpone the planned Japanese buffet because it would have been too late by the time we got there. So now it is on for next week.

This means that since I said I would start my diet after the Japanese buffet, the commencement of the diet is postponed until next week. If I keep doing this trick my diet will not start until I am at the airport leaving for Hungary. Then what's the point, right?

Actually, right now at midday, I weigh 200 pounds. For those who are on the metric system it is 90.7kg or for my friends who might want to convey this to their sovereign it is 14.3 stone.

200 pounds is not the end of the world but 195 would be better. The trouble with men is that it only takes a little overeating to develop a belly, but it takes forever to get rid of it, if at all.

I went food shopping yesterday afternoon and it took all my strength not to buy any useless junk. It is so easy to get a bag of pretzels or a jar of peanuts or anything else but at the end it is just not worth it.

Today is Sunday. I couldn't sleep very well so I got up fairly early and went to the gym. I worked out vigorously because last week I only went once. My plan for this week is three or four times.

Working out is exhausting but at the end it feels great. I can not see any results, have no bulging muscles but still feel better after every workout.

I really had no plans for today so I did just that. After the gym I came home, fixed myself a nice lunch and just about does it.

Oh, I also wrote some checks which is extremely depressing because I hate to spend money. I am not cheap I just wish everything could be free so I would be able to keep my money.

I also fixed myself a drink.

Down in St. Maarten my favorite drink is the rum punch. That is a great Caribbean drink. Well, to get in the Caribbean mood I found a local version of it. It is my "copyrighted" recipe. Fruit punch flavored Zero (a calorie/sugar free version of Gatorade) mixed with rum and voila, the New York version of rum punch.

Can life get any better?

No comments:

Post a Comment